Buttock Augmentation Buttock augmentationis a procedure designed to enhance the buttocks area and provide a patient with a lifted and shapely buttock area. In general, the two most popular methods of buttock augmentation are:
- Autologous fat transfer that takesthe patient’s natural fatty tissue from one area of the body to the other in order to reshape and enhance the buttocks. This is also called a Brazilian butt lift. Liposuction is performed using suction tubes to remove the fatty tissues from areas such as the abdomen, back, hips and thighs. The fat is processed and then reinjected into the buttocks area.
- Buttock implants are best for treating flat buttocks as well as patients with a limited amount of fatty tissue. A silicone implant is placed through an incision hidden in the natural crease of the buttock. The implant is placed inside a pocket located below the large gluteal muscle and above the pelvic bone.
- Have buttocks that are too square or flat and they desire curves and a youthful look
- Have trouble finding clothes to fit properly on their body
- Have buttocks that are considered too small for their body frame
- Suffer from self-image issues thanks to the shape or size of their buttocks
- Have lost weight and now have a sagging or loose buttock area
- Stop smoking a minimum of 6 weeks before surgery
- Stay hydrated before and after surgery
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin in order to lessen bleeding risks
- Arrange for a ride home following your surgery since it is normally done on an out-patient basis