The desire for a rounder and bigger butt is one shared by many women across the country. The trend for a bigger booty is fueled in part by music artists like Jennifer Lopez and reality TV stars like Kim Kardashian. According to numbers released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, butt augmentation is one of the fastest growing cosmetic surgery procedures. In 2014, the ASPS reported that 11,505 butt augmentation procedures were performed through the use of fat grafting. This number is a 15% increase over the previous year. One the other hand, buttock implant procedures rocketed to a 98% increase from 2013 to 2014.
Besides wanting to look like big booty celebrities that walk the red carpet, here are some other reasons why having a big butt is the way to go:
- Having more buttock fat is not really bad for your health. As opposed to the extra white fat that is found in the area of the gut that can lead to complications such as high blood pressure and inflammation, the butt is filled with subcutaneous yellow fat which doesn’t cause any issues in the buttock area.
- Some studies have suggested that women become more in tuned with the feelings of those around them about the same time as they hit puberty and develop their curves and adult figure. Some people have the theory that there is a connection between the size of the butt and emotional intelligence. Plus, women with bigger butts often appeal to a larger number of men so they need to become more adept at reading the intentions of others when it comes to personal and social situations.
- A bigger butt can help when it comes to maintaining proper posture. Sitting down for too long in one position can lead to tightness in the hips. Extended periods of sitting can also lead a person to constantly lean over while seated which can cause issues with standing up straight. A bigger butt can help lengthen the hip flexors which in turn help keep the body and spine in alignment. As an added bonus, this also helps lessen any pain from slouching while sitting too long.
- Some researchers looked into the subject of butt fat and were able to show that a bigger butt can actually help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Ladies with bigger butts have a tendency to have higher levels of HDL cholesterol AKA the good kind of cholesterol that helps the arteries remain clear. They also have lower levels of the bad kind of cholesterol which is known as LDL cholesterol.
- The health benefits of having a big butt don’t stop at cholesterol. According to another study by the International Journal of Obesity, people with smaller waists and bigger hips have a lower change of developing type-2 diabetes.
- Being pregnant is never a comfortable process for a woman. However, a larger butt can help balance the weight of carrying the baby as the pregnancy progresses. This helps protect and relieve the pressure and strain put on the spine during the nine months of pregnancy.
- The muscles that go down the back of the thigh area can often be injured if a person is not careful while exercising or playing sports. A larger butt can actually help protect the hamstrings by assisting in any movements involving the under-thigh area of the body.
While the decision to have a larger butt through the use of augmentation or implants is a personal choice, the reasons listed above indicate that there are definite benefits to having a larger backside. It’s up to each person to decide if they want to maintain a smaller natural butt or if enjoying the benefits of an ample butt is the right choice for their body.